Between March and October 2016, this study identified current trends that influence logistics and supply chain management, and representatives of the industry evaluated the future significance of these trends. The applied research methodological design enabled a thorough analysis of the subject field by combining different methods. The research followed the four primary theme blocks of the study. Finally this study has been able to find reference points for strategic business direction, these were aggregated in a strategy map. The map, therefore, is intended to help organizations to move towards the vision of digital transformation in logistics and supply chain management.
- What is the significance of innovative technology concepts in logistics and supply chain management?
- What innovative technology concepts are used in logistics and supply chain management, and which of these concepts are likely to be increasingly introduced in the next few years?
- What are the advantages of these technology concepts?
- How will product flows change in the future?
- How will supply chains be controlled in the future?
- How is the composition of the supply chain transformed and how will the actors’ roles change?
- Which skills will employees require (more of) in the future?
- What barriers are there to training and qualification?
- How can companies acquire skills which will be required in the future ?
- What is the value proposition of the services which are performed (or products manufactured) for the customer?
- Who is the intended user of the specific service, what type of customer relationship exists, and which channels are used to reach the customer?
- How is value created for the customer and which key activities, resources, and partnerships are necessary?